Saturday, June 25, 2011

THE WRITERS CREED


THE WRITERS CREED

This is my keyboard. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my keyboard is useless. Without my keyboard, I am useless.          I must tap my keyboard true. I must tap straighter than my peers who are trying to out-tap me. I must out-write him before he out-writes me. I will. My keyboard and I know that what counts in war is not the taps we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.

      My keyboard is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its length and its width. I will keep my keyboard clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

      Before God I swear this creed. My keyboard and I are the defenders of my thoughts. We are the masters of our words. We are the saviors of my life.

      So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment